Wednesday 11 November 2009

Rationale: Optional Pathway

For this module i have chosen to follow the "lifeline" brief. i believe this is the right option for me and i like to use a dramatic sence of atmosphere in my work, be it photography or motion graphics. i think i would again like to have a really dark feel with this module, powerful and dramatic in the sence that the message will be relayed via strong actions and careful composition.

i think i would like to utilise my photographic skills in this module by using my own photography to create a storyboard or maybe even to animate my own photos to create the motion in my peice. this is the reason why i wanted to pick this module. i think if i can use this breif properly i will be fulfilling both my ambitions as a photographer and a visual effects designer.

With "lifeline" i think i can use my strengths much more than any of the other breifs as they seem more surreal in the most case and with the correct delivery could be a really emotional yet effective breif.this title was also the most inspiring for me really. i found myself finding much more ideas for this breif than any others, which all seemed to be less "serious". i like to have a plan and idea of what i am doing conceptually and technically and not just random cannibal fun etc.

this is also a chance for me to broaden my portfolio of work considering it involes careful art direction in coherance with my photography and visual work and so i think this is probably the best choice for what i want to acheive

No comments: